HSINCHU, Taiwan – August 3, 2021 – The journey to SEMICON Taiwan 2021 begins in September with five live online forums featuring expert insights into critical semiconductor industry areas – Power and Opto chips, Smart Manufacturing, Sustainable Manufacturing, Smart Medtech and Cybersecurity. Registration for the forums is open with early bird discounts available until the end of August. The forums will extend through October and be available on-demand after the live events through November 30.
SEMICON Taiwan 2021, the region’s premier gathering of the entire electronics manufacturing and design supply chain, was postponed due to the resurgence of COVID-19 cases in Taiwan. SEMI Taiwan will announce the new date for SEMICON Taiwan 2021, tentatively planned for December, once the event has been rescheduled. Pre-registration is open.
Themed SEMICON Taiwan 2021 is a Journey: Forward as One, the three-month online and on-site exhibition experience will bring together companies from across the microelectronics industry to promote industry growth through technology development and exchange.
- Power and Opto Semiconductor Week – Sept. 7-9: An in-depth analysis of the competitive advantages of emerging generation semiconductors developed in Taiwan, with the following technologies in focus:
- Compound semiconductors in radio frequency (RF)
- Power and Opto semiconductors
- Semiconductor industry trends driven by electric vehicles and 5G
The Hon Hai (Foxconn) Research Institute will hold its NExT Forum during Power and Opto Semiconductor Week, marking the first time the institute has worked with SEMI Taiwan. NExT Forum will feature speakers from TSMC, WIN Semiconductors and Foxconn and include Nobel Prize winners.
- Smart Manufacturing Forum – Sept. 23-24: Forum speakers will discuss how businesses are using artificial intelligence (AI), 5G, edge and hybrid cloud, digital twins, and other technologies to drive their digital transformation. The experts will also offer best practices and insights into supply chain resiliency, production efficiency across regions and facilities, and high-tech smart factories.
- SEMI ESG and Sustainable Manufacturing Summit – Oct. 6-8: The summit will include a discussion of high-tech and environmental sustainability and Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG). SEMI will share future roadmaps for technological development in energy management, zero waste, net-zero emission, circular economy and green manufacturing.
- Smart MedTech Forum – Oct. 13: Emerging technologies and artificial intelligence (AI), big data, and digital technology applications will be under discussion. Speakers will also examine the critical role of microelectronics in a cross-sector cooperation in healthcare to fuel the buildout of an ecosystem focused on precision preventive medicine and health promotion.
- Cybersecurity Global Summit – Oct. 20-21: Experts will discuss trends in supply chain cybersecurity for high-tech manufacturing, global cybersecurity standards, cybersecurity guidelines for business, network security and cybersecurity governance strategies.
A 20% discount is available by registering online for the forums before August 31st. Groups of at least five people save an additional 10%.
SEMICON Taiwan 2021 Pre-Registration
SEMI® connects more than 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Phone: +886.3.560.1777 ext. 207
Phone: +886.3.560.1777 ext. 211