TOKYO – December 9, 2020 – SEMICON Japan 2020, the largest and most influential gathering of the electronics manufacturing and design supply chain in Japan, opens Friday as a virtual event with sustainable industry growth and the latest industry trends, developments and innovations in focus. Themed Enabling a Smarter World, SEMICON Japan 2020 brings together industry leaders and visionaries from across the electronics supply chain December 11-18 for insights into semiconductor industry growth drivers including artificial intelligence (AI), 5G and 6G, hands-free driving and quantum computing. Registration will remain open throughout the event.
The SEMICON Japan 2020 virtual exposition is expected to draw nearly 20,000 attendees and more than 170 exhibiting companies. The event will feature an industry outlook to help set the stage for the coming year as the world continues to combat the COVID-19 pandemic and smart technologies become increasingly important at home and in the workplace.
“SEMICON Japan 2020 marks the first time the event will go virtual,” said Jim Hamajima, president of SEMI Japan. “The online venue will enable attendees worldwide to easily, safely and economically participate in the event from their PC or tablet at any time of the day.”
Keynotes to Highlight Keys to Sustainable Semiconductor Industry Growth
SEMICON Japan 2020 will feature more than 80 presentations and eight keynote programs December 11 to 18. The programs will be offered live during work hours in Japan and will be available to international audiences on-demand starting the next day. Listed below, all keynotes will feature English subtitles.
- SMART Mobility 1
- Asako Hoshino, Executive Vice President, Nissan Motor
- Izumi Kawanishi, Senior Vice President, AI Robotics Business, Sony
- The Era of Quantum
- Jay Gambetta, IBM Fellow and Vice President of Quantum Computing, IBM Quantum, IBM Research
- Carlos Augusto, Co-Founder and CTO, Quantum Semiconductor
- Grand Finale Panel – Challenges for the Sustainable Development of Semiconductor Industry
- Hirohide Hirai, Director-General, Commerce and Information Policy Bureau, Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry
- Atsuyoshi Koike, President, Western Digital Japan
- Nobu Koshiba, Director, Chairman of the Board, JSR
- Tom Tsuneishi, Executive Chairman, Tokyo Electron
For the keynote schedule, outlines and speaker bios, please see the SEMICON Japan keynotes page.
SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual Resources
The virtual exposition will be available 10:00am to 5:00pm (Japan time) December 14 to 17. Attendees may access exhibitor booths and download materials 24 hours a day from December 11 to 18. Online conversations with exhibitors will be available only during exposition hours. Please see the SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual website for the latest exhibitor directory.
The SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual exposition will feature the following for a robust digital experience:
- Poster displays
- Product image displays
- PDF downloads
- Links to exhibitors’ web pages
- Chat function for live visitor-exhibitor interactions (exposition hours only)
- Meeting request and inquiry forms for visitors to connect with exhibitors
SEMICON Japan 2020 Virtual Sponsors
- Platinum – Applied Materials, Lam Research, Screen Semiconductor Solutions and Tokyo Electron
- Gold – Advantest, Ebara, Hitachi High-Tech, JSR, Kokusai Electric, Nikon and Tokyo Seimitsu
- Silver – Entegris, Horiba and Kanken Techno
- Bronze – KITZ SCT, Micronics Japan, Nihon Pall and Tokyo Weld
- SMART Workforce – Advantest and THK
Register now for SEMICON Japan. For a detailed agenda, please see the SEMICON Japan Schedule-at-a-Glance.
SEMI® connects more than 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Technology Communities, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Nobuyuki Sawada/SEMI Japan