HSINCHU, Taiwan – August 17, 2021 – Semiconductor leaders and visionaries will gather to provide insights into the latest industry developments and innovations during a three-month SEMICON Taiwan 2021 experience starting with five live online forums in September and culminating in the on-site exhibition December 28-30 at the Taipei Nangang Exhibition Center, Hall 1 (TaiNEX 1). Pre-registration is open.
Themed Forward as One, SEMICON Taiwan 2021 will host 550 exhibitors across 2,000 booths and companies from across the entire electronics manufacturing and design supply chain to promote industry growth through technology development and exchange. SEMICON Taiwan 2021 online forums will feature expert insights into critical semiconductor industry areas – Power and Opto chips, Smart Manufacturing, Sustainable Manufacturing, Smart MedTech and Cybersecurity.
COVID-19 Pandemic Status in Taiwan
With local COVID-19 cases continuing to drop and the first-dose vaccination rate increasing, the new SEMICON Taiwan 2021 exhibition date will give Taiwan more time to bring the recent outbreak under control. In the meantime, SEMI will continue to monitor COVID-19 developments and remain in close contact with Taiwan’s Central Epidemic Command Center (CECC) to stay abreast of its pandemic control guidelines.
“We are pleased to move forward with the new dates for SEMICON Taiwan 2021 and will follow the strongest pandemic prevention rules from the Central Epidemic Command Center to safeguard attendees,” said Terry Tsao, SEMI Global Chief Marketing Officer and President of SEMI Taiwan. “With Taiwan playing an indispensable role in the semiconductor supply chain, SEMICON Taiwan is the region’s premier event that brings together industry leaders for crucial insights into the latest trends to help drive semiconductor sector growth. SEMI forecasts that global fab investments will reach new heights in 2022 driven by digital transformation and demand for emerging technologies.”
The global semiconductor industry is on track to register a rare three consecutive years of record highs in fab equipment spending with a 16% increase in 2020 followed by forecast gains of 15.5% this year and 12% in 2022, SEMI reported in its quarterly World Fab Forecast.
SEMICON Taiwan 2021 Exhibition Highlights
SEMICON Taiwan 2021 forums and speakers will discuss the latest developments in advanced manufacturing from scaling to heterogeneous integration, covering technology developments from front- to back-end semiconductor manufacturing and exploring innovations in compound semiconductors, smart manufacturing and other smart verticals.
- Concurrent Events – FLEX Taiwan, Strategic Materials Conference Taiwan, and Smart Manufacturing Expo Taiwan are co-located with SEMICON Taiwan.
- Theme Pavilions and Innovation Zones – Advances in AI, IoT and automotive electronics are spurring innovation across the semiconductor industry while increasing demands on advanced manufacturing and testing technologies. To help the industry seize related opportunities, the SEMICON Taiwan innovation zones and pavilions will focus on key engines of industry growth such as Compound Semiconductors, Green Manufacturing, Heterogeneous Integration, Circular Economy and SMART Workforce.
- Internationals Forums – The events will include the Heterogeneous Integration Global Summit 2021 – 3 Days, IC, Advanced Testing, Semiconductor Advanced Inspection and Metrology and MEMS & Sensor forums.
SEMICON Taiwan 2021 to Implement COVID-19 Prevention Measures
The safety and well-being of exhibitors and attendees remains SEMI’s top priority. COVID-19 prevention measures SEMI will implement at the SEMICON Taiwan 2021 exhibition include the following:
- Contact information registration for all exhibitors and attendees
- Crowd control as necessary
- Indoor and outdoor social distancing
- Mandatory mask wearing at all times
- Required temperature checks and hand sanitization at all entrances
SEMI® connects more than 2,400 member companies and 1.3 million professionals worldwide to advance the technology and business of electronics design and manufacturing. SEMI members are responsible for the innovations in materials, design, equipment, software, devices, and services that enable smarter, faster, more powerful, and more affordable electronic products. Electronic System Design Alliance (ESD Alliance), FlexTech, the Fab Owners Alliance (FOA) and the MEMS & Sensors Industry Group (MSIG) are SEMI Strategic Association Partners, defined communities within SEMI focused on specific technologies. Visit www.semi.org to learn more, contact one of our worldwide offices, and connect with SEMI on LinkedIn and Twitter.
Phone: +886.3.560.1777 ext. 207
Phone: +886.3.560.1777 ext. 211