Ultrapure Micro 2020: New Dates Following Postponement
Global Water Intelligence (GWI) hosts the Ultrapure Micro (UPM) conference each year in the summer. This year’s edition was slated to take place May 27th-29th in Austin, Texas. However, due to the recent disruption and newly imposed travel restrictions as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, Ultrapure Micro 2020 has been postponed and will now take place on November 9th-11th 2020, a time when the peak of the crisis is predicted to have passed.
GWI have also made the decision to extend the early bird discount rate for delegates registering for the new dates. The $240 discounted rate will now be available until August 25th.
We are very proud of the event UPM has become over the last 5 years, and we know that the continued success of this event is heavily dependent on the great technical presentations given by our speakers, and the networking opportunities offered by the many industry professionals, all of who join us each year from across the world.
Although the current situation necessitates a postponement, we will utilize this time to build the best UPM agenda to date.
Ultrapure Micro strives to facilitate productive cooperation between semiconductor manufacturers, vendors and suppliers to increase yields, decrease costs and improve efficiency. In a continuing effort to assist with this, for the first time, the UPM agenda will include sessions on the Tools Environment, and Airborne Molecular Contamination (AMC), as well as Ultrapure Water, Water Management, Liquid Chemicals, and Gases.
Details about the agenda will be announced in the coming weeks, however the list of accepted abstracts is still available to view on the website, as well as the list of roundtable topics expected at the event.
The event is produced with the assistance of a co-moderating team of industry experts, from technology suppliers and semiconductor manufacturers, including representatives from Intel, Samsung Austin Semiconductor, and GLOBALFOUNDRIES:
• Alan Knapp, Evoqua Water Technologies
• Alex Milshteen, Intel Corporation
• Anthony Lachawiec, Intel Corporation
• Bernie Zerfas, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
• Bob McIntosh, Enviro Energy Solutions
• Cesar Garza, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
• Dan Wilcox, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
• Don Hadder, Intel Corporation
• Glen Biggs, GLOBALFOUNDRIES
• Jim Snow, SCREEN
• Latif Ahmed, Intel Corporation
• Laura Ledenbach, PeroxyChem
• Mike Knapp, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
• Nabil Mistkawi, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
• Nora Colligan, Samsung Austin Semiconductor
• Rushi Matkar, Intel Corporation
• Slava Libman, FTD Solutions
• Walter Den, Texas A&M
Ultrapure Micro 2020 will take place at the Hyatt Lost Pines Resort and Spa, Austin, Texas, on November 9th-11th 2020.